Pharmacy Technician- Dispenser
Are you looking to join an award-winning pharmacy company?
Day Lewis Plc is looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician/ Dispenser to assist the Pharmacist in running a busy pharmacy in Bradford on Avon.
Core hours are 40 hours/week
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has initiative and flair and wants to make their mark within a company. You will be a warm and friendly face for the many patients who visit the pharmacy on a daily basis, advising them on over the counter medication and assisting with minor ailments.
Reporting directly to the Pharmacist Manager, you will be part of a small, hard-working and compact team, and will be involved in developing relationships with patients and healthcare organisations in order to ensure that we deliver the most effective customer service. Team work is a vital part of this family owned chain, which seeks to reward, recognise and empower hard workers.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all prescriptions are dispensed and endorsed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the highest standards of professional service and care to our patients.
- Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in and follow company dispensary procedures.
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
- Dispensary shelves to be clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines.
- Ensure the floor is kept clean, and free from hazards, i.e. boxes.
- To complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner.
- To follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training.
- Ensure high standards of dispensary stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability .
- Ensure a date checking procedure is maintained and recorded.
Registration with the GPhC is essential as well as an NVQ3 in Pharmacy Services and an Accuracy Checking Technician qualification.
Apply today to become a part of our family. The Day Lewis Group is an award-winning family business, consisting of one of the largest independent pharmacy chains in the UK and Europe. Owning and managing over 300 pharmacies in the UK today, Day Lewis employs circa 3000 people and has advanced from being a traditional retail pharmacy business into a patient-centred service provider.