Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
We, UHS Pharmacy LTD, are looking to recruit enthusiastic pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to join our team in the outpatient pharmacy at Southampton General Hospital.
UPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. It was formed in order to provide dispensing and other professional services to outpatients of the hospital. It also provides a range of over-the-counter medicines and products, as well as pharmacy services for hospital staff, outpatients and visitors.
Pharmacist Competitive salary based on experience Full time - 40 hours a week as well as zero hour contracts with flexible working hours
Are you a community or hospital pharmacist? Would you like a new challenge working in an outpatient hospital pharmacy?
UPL pharmacy is looking for a patient focussed pharmacist who’ll thrive in a busy, demanding environment, working well within a fantastic team. You’ll be required to work a fixed number of hours per year, providing cover where appropriate.
The role will include:
- clinically screening and accuracy-checking prescriptions
- counselling on the safe and appropriate use of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines
- recommending over the counter medicines
- signposting and supporting the pharmacy team with any issues or queries
- have a keen interest in clinical pharmacy
- desire to provide excellent customer service
- strive to promote the wellbeing of our patients
- strive to achieve company targets
- have the opportunity to develop in various clinical areas such as oncology and ophthalmology, as well as other specialised clinical areas
UPL are also looking for flexible Pharmacists to cover periods of annual leave.
Pharmacy Technician £19,000 – £24,00 (dependent on experience)
We can offer various contracts, such as full/part time, as well as zero hour contracts with flexible working hours, with a maximum of one Saturday per month.
- assist the superintendent pharmacist in the service provision of the pharmacy
- maintain a high standard of service in accordance with legislation and recognised good practice
- dispense medications provide expert advice to patients and ensure legal compliance in the pharmacy
- perform stock management, including ordering, reduction and stock control
- undertake day-to-day technical duties, including dispensing and maintaining efficient workflows
We’re looking for individuals with:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- experience delivering excellent customer service
- positive attitude and friendly demeanour
- ability to work well under pressure
- proactive approach to self-development
- competitive salary
- good holiday package & bonus scheme
- pension scheme
- staff discount scheme
- annual staff party
- paid continuing professional development (CPD) days
- GPHC fees paid
- Development and training opportunities are available for the right applicants
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 13 February.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Richard Andoh/ Abir Goreish