Lead Pharmacy Technician
We, UHS Pharmacy LTD, are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic lead pharmacy technician to join our expanding team in the outpatient pharmacy at Southampton General Hospital.
UPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. It was formed in order to provide dispensing and other professional services to outpatients of the hospital. It also provides a range of over-the-counter medicines and products, as well as pharmacy services for hospital staff, outpatients and visitors.
Lead Pharmacy Technician £28,050-£36,644 commensurate with experience. Full time - 40 hours a week, to include some Saturday working.
Are you a registered pharmacy technician who holds an externally accredited qualification in checking (ACPT)? Would you like a new challenge working in an outpatient hospital pharmacy?
UPL pharmacy is looking for a well organised, patient focused lead technician who’ll thrive in a busy, demanding environment, working well within a fantastic team. You’ll be required to oversee the operational delivery of the pharmacy and line management of the technical staff.
The role will include:
- line management of technical staff to include training, performance reviews and recruitment
- ensure the effective use of resources to manage the day-to-day operations effectively
- ensure policies, procedures and standard operating procedures are up to date and adhered to
- communicate effectively with all staff, hospital clinicians and patients to ensure UPL delivers high standards of service
You will have:
- excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- a desire to provide excellent customer service
- drive to promote the wellbeing of our patients
- drive to achieve company targets
- the opportunity to develop in various clinical areas such as oncology and ophthalmology, as well as other specialised clinical areas
- ability to develop a team to work well under pressure and lead a team through change
- a proactive approach to self-development
- competitive salary
- good holiday package & bonus scheme
- pension scheme
- staff discount scheme
- paid continuing professional development (CPD) days
- GPhC fees paid
- Further development and training opportunities are available for the right applicants
The closing date for applications will be Sunday 17 February.
For further details / informal visits contact: