How to start making a career change in pharmacy
A Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) board member reveals how to take the necessary steps towards an alternative career in pharmacy
Most pharmacy professionals wonder at some point about career options outside their current role, but it can be difficult to envisage opportunities.
So what do you need to know before making a career change, and how do you go about making a successful application?
C+D clinical editor Kristoffer Stewart spoke to Aamer Safdar, an RPS English board member and principal pharmacist lead for education and development at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS foundation trust, to get some tips on a role switch within pharmacy.
In the podcast, they discuss:
- The first steps to take if you’re dissatisfied in your role
- What employers are looking for
- What experience is necessary to move into hospital pharmacy
- Moving forward after rejected job applications
- What is the “100-day rule”?
You can subscribe to all of C+D's podcasts on your preferred android podcast app or on iTunes by clicking here or by searching 'Chemist+Druggist podcast'.