Working in Tesco Pharmacy
When our customers asked for the convenience of in-store pharmacies, we made it happen, opening hundreds of Pharmacies across our stores nationwide.
Our Pharmacies are equipped to the highest standards and include a consultation area. They offer our customers the personal touch of a community Pharmacy with the added convenience of being in a Tesco store.
Pharmacy Technicians and Dispensers
Discover what it’s like to work in a fast-paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering great service and care. There’s a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to get on by making the difference for customers in all sorts of ways - providing support for giving up smoking, reviewing customers’ use of medicines, checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels.
At the Pharmacy you will support the Pharmacy Manager and Duty Pharmacy Manager with the supervision and development of other members of the pharmacy team. Working alongside the Pharmacists, you'll apply your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
We try hard to make sure that we offer a broad choice of benefits to make Tesco a great place to work and shop. Our aim is to make our benefits easily accessible, simple to understand and great value for all our colleagues.
From day one colleagues will be welcomed to our fantastic package of benefits.
Even though retirement may be many years away, we offer a Tesco Retirement Savings Plan when colleagues join where they can decide how much they save, and we will match their contributions up to a maximum of 7.5%.
We have a wide range of discounts and schemes designed to help colleagues save money on everyday costs and treats, from tyres to theme parks or on days out and holidays. Tesco Mobile has exclusive colleague only deals and you can stay healthy for less with our Cycle to Work scheme and enjoy national gym membership discounts and money off health plans.
Colleague benefits include:
- Holiday pay and sick pay
- Maternity pay
- All-employee share schemes such as Buy As You Earn and Save As You Earn
- The chance to join our Retirement Savings Plan where we will match your contributions up to a maximum of 7.5%. It also gives you valuable life cover of five times your pay
- Annual Colleague Bonus Plan, offering up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard offering 10% staff discount after three months’ service
- Open plan offices with shared desk space enabling colleagues to work with and learn from different colleagues
- Informal meeting spaces and project spaces for teams to collaborate
- Tea points on each floor to make free drinks, take a break and catch up with colleagues
- Restaurants offering fresh food, cooked from scratch using our own products with varied menu choices from building to building
- Health and beauty services, including a nurse, GP and massage therapists
- Free onsite car parking and a frequent free shuttle bus service from the train station
We also have a broad range of everyday services including an onsite Tesco Express Store, Click & Collect, dry cleaning and shoe repair service, train ticket machines, cash machines, travel money ordering and collection, post office service, fuel pumps and a car wash.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.