Pharmacist - Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset
Successful candidate will work as a community pharmacist in a 100 hours busy pharmacy situated within a Medical Centre to provide a range of pharmacy related services.
- dispense and check prescription medicines to the public
- ensure that different treatments are compatible
- check dosage and ensure that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled.
- supervise the preparation of any medicines, as required
- keep a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- liaise with doctors about prescriptions
- sell over-the-counter medicines
- advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments
- advise patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines
- be responsible for preparation and checking of dosette boxes
- undertake Medicine Use Reviews (MURs)
- provide support through the New Medicine Service (NMSs) to patients
- offer specialist health checks, such as blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring and diabetes screening, as required
- arrange the delivery of prescription medicines to patients
- manage, lead, supervise and train pharmacy support staff
- supervise disposal of unwanted and out of date medicines
- keep up to date with current pharmacy practices
The successful candidate will work 40 hours each week. The shifts will predominantly involve evening work, however, there is room for flexibility for a suitable candidate.
Although it is not an exhaustive list the candidate will be expected to at least exhibit following skills:
- excellent communication skills as he/she must listen carefully to what patients say, as well as explain complex and sometimes sensitive information to the public and other healthcare professionals
- the ability to work with others in a team, as well as to lead a team
- an empathy for the welfare of the patients
- accuracy and attention to detail
- a methodical approach to work
- a professional and confident manner at all times
- be prepared to take responsibility of situations
Interested candidates may apply via C+D Jobs below. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07538 199620.