Accuracy Checking Technician
Job title: Pharmacy Technician/ Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACTP)
This role delivers the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business in store. This role is the “captain” of the day-to-day running of the dispensary, and an expert in the technical aspects of supplying medicines and giving advice as part of the dispensing process. This role delivers exceptional patient-centred care across the pharmacy and healthcare business.
This role is exactly the same as a Pharmacy Technician and will carry out the same responsibilities and activities. The difference with this role is they hold and extra skill, which is accuracy checking prescriptions. Usually the Pharmacist will accuracy check all dispensed items before handing this over to patient. Having an ACTP in place will allow the Pharmacist to spend more time with customers/patients, as the ACTP will take over checking dispensed items. (Not all stores has an ACTP, but every store should have at least one Pharmacy Technician.)
The importance of your role.
Be part of our ambition to be the world’s leading Pharmacy-led retailer. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re proud to offer legendary care every day; it’s what sets us apart from other UK Pharmacy chains.
This is a great opportunity to develop your Pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How will you do it?
With a technical yet personable approach, you’ll inspire the pharmacy team around you, making sure that our standards reflect that we care about our patients. Legally and ethically we want to give them the very best service.
Accuracy and care is what this role is all about. You will deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary. You will be an expert in the technical aspects of the supply of medicines, whilst delivering excellent patient care.
Guiding and supporting your pharmacy team and working closely with the Pharmacist and Store Leader you’ll be influential in growing our business.
What you’ll be doing day to day
You will help deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy.
- Delivering on-target delivery of items and services income.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs and coaching other pharmacy team members to do the same.
- Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items.
- Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensures dispensing losses are minimised.
- Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and checking of prescriptions.
The candidate should have completed an NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services (or equivalent), and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council to join us. For a list of equivalent qualifications please follow the below link: http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/education/pharmacy-technician/accredited-courses
We also ask that they have completed an NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Service Skills or Medicines Overcounter Assistant qualification to be able to work within our dispensaries. They should have already completed this prior to their NVQ Level 3.