If you want to join this remarkable, award winning company, renowned for its forward-thinking, now is your chance!
Whitworth Chemists Ltd is currently recruiting for a relief pharmacist working in our North-West area. Branches that will be covered will be mainly based around Blackpool, Liverpool, and Pendle. You may be required at times to work in different areas that will be within a reasonable travelling time and distance.
We have a temporary full time position for 11 months with an opportunity to secure a permanent part time position thereafter. The days and hours will be on rota from Monday to Saturday.
For information about where the pharmacies are located, please visit our branch list here:
All our Pharmacies have a well-established pharmacy team with good working relationships in the community and with other healthcare workers, e.g. GP's.
You will work in a pharmacy, operating on a Healthy Living Pharmacy platform, providing pharmacy and dispensing services to customers and optimizing the delivery of professional services whilst maintaining Company policy/procedures, protocol and quality standards.
- Manage and provide a professional NHS and Private dispensing service for customers. Offer appropriate advice and guidance to meet customer needs.
- Order pharmacy products using the Company ordering systems to ensure that customer demand can be met.
- Maintain strict controls of wastage through the correct handling/dispensing and storage of goods minimizing wastage and reductions.
- Manage human resources appropriately to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ensure a high standard of product knowledge through training and familiarization with the protocol.
- Ensure all staff are aware of and understand the Company policies/procedures/protocol and standards expected when providing customer service.
- Train and develop the abilities of team members ensuring that they are equipped to perform current duties effectively and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Encourage those reporting to him/her to work in a safe manner to meet statutory requirements and the Company’s Health & Safety procedures and ensure they adhere to all other requirements of the Contract of Employment.
- Actively participate in the Healthy Living Pharmacy agenda, as set out in the pathfinder documents set nationally and by other bodies.
- To actively take part in the Company-wide Healthy Living Pharmacy platform.
- Encourage and coaching of Healthy Living Champions in branch.
- Option to participate in a full range of private PGD's.
Our company benefits scheme will be available to the appointed candidates upon successful completion of their probation period. More information can be found here:
For more information on Whitworth and some of the awards we have won, please click on the links below:
- http://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/awards/winners-2017 r
Our website, Facebook and twitted feeds can be found here:
Please send us your full CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for the position. We welcome pharmacists with varied experience in management and background.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews. Applications close 9th March.