Pharmacy Central Operations Advisor
Pharmacy Central Operations Advisor - Flu
Location: Coventry, CV2
Celesio UK is part of the McKesson family and employee 22,000 people in the UK. Our vision is to create a healthier world where more people can live life to the fullest, delivering innovative healthcare that inspires more positive lives. As one of the world’s leading healthcare providers, we support millions of people across the UK through integrated healthcare, bringing together expertise across our range of brands: LloydsPharmacy stores, LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare and AAH, the No.1 Pharmaceutical distributor.
To support our family of Celesio businesses in the UK there are over 1,000 colleagues in our support centre, we have an exciting opportunities to join as an NHS Excellence Advisor. You will be An integral member of the NHS Excellence team, providing key support to the NHS Excellence Manager in the development and effective operational implementation of existing and new corporate, national, and/ or local pharmacy services.
- To review standard operating procedures and relevant documentation in relation to a particular service following national guidelines and best practice, updating/maintaining staff guides, updating/maintaining One Portal Material for all live services.
- To give effective operational support to cross functional working groups ensuring optimisation and implementation of new pharmacy services and initiatives.
- Through a detailed understanding of pharmacy operations, support the development of best practice initiatives that lead to greater operational efficiencies and enable improvements in pharmacy compliance.
- Support the development and effective implementation of NHS projects that simplify business processes leading to improved compliance and efficiency.
- Work proactively and flexibly within the NHS Excellence team, supporting colleagues and promoting the department.
- Follow up on any operational issues in respect of new policies and procedures and general in pharmacy queries
- Provide individual support to Pharmacists and team members where necessary or appropriate
You will be a qualified Pharmacisy Dispenser/Technician or will have previous Clinical/Pharmacy knowledge with the ability to manage and implement multiple projects,
You will possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written and be confident using these on a daily basis, as well as strong Excel and Microsoft skills.
This role is based at our Support Centre in Coventry, Walsgrave Triangle, CV2 2TX. We are located just off junction 2 of the M6, easily accessible by car. If using public transport, we are 5.5 miles from Coventry train station, approx. 40 minutes by bus from the station.
Celesio UK, is an inspired and inspiring career choice. A pioneering provider of integrated healthcare services, we are unique and innovative, with career options that are found nowhere else. No other organisation in our sector provides the end-to-end offering that we do… from the buying of pharmaceuticals from manufacturers, right through the whole supply and distribution chain to dispensing. We’re one team with one purpose… to effectively, efficiently and passionately deliver innovative healthcare services that equip and inspire more positive lives.
Rewards and benefits
Wherever you work with Celesio, you will enjoy a uniquely rewarding career. You will be challenged but well remunerated, assume real responsibility but be well trained and developed to undertake it. You’ll work hard but be recognised for your contribution and be able to keep a healthy work/life balance. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a valuable benefits package which includes generous holiday, pension scheme, professional support and relevant training, childcare vouchers, option to buy additional holiday and an employee discount scheme. What’s more, we regularly review our rewards package and it is improving all the time.