Pharmacist - St Helens, Merseyside
St Helens, Merseyside
40 hours per week- Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (no weekends)
Over the next 5 years we’re going to grow the Co-op and make the communities we serve great places to live. We’re planning to invest in the businesses we have now, and explore new opportunities to make a difference. Now we’re looking to recruit a Pharmacist to join us to help us provide amazing service as part of our new health and wellbeing venture. If you can bring us a passion for accuracy and attention to detail, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
Working within our online dispensary you’ll act as the Responsible Pharmacist ensuring that colleagues adhere to GPhC (General Pharmaceutical Council standards). It’ll be your job to make sure our customers are getting the right medicines, at the right time, every time.
- make sure all colleagues are following Standard Operating Procedures
- carry out clinical and accuracy checks of medicines dispensed against prescriptions
- comply with Responsible Pharmacist and GPhC premises requirements
- provide excellent clinical care and advice to customers
This role would suit people who have
- registered as a Pharmacist with the GPhC
- an good understanding of the Electronic Prescription Service
- at least 1 year’s experience working in a high volume community or online pharmacy
- a commitment to continuing professional development and revalidation
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- internet pharmacy experience would be great, but not essential
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies.