Associate Director (part-time, fixed term maternity cover) - Wales
Are you currently working as a practicing Pharmacist but wish to broaden your pharmacy career?
Do you enjoy this work but would like to change career direction to a strategic role working with Community Pharmacy Wales, supporting their work influencing the delivery of Welsh NHS community pharmacy services?
Community Pharmacy Wales have a unique opportunity for a practising pharmacist to widen their experience in a national level role, providing strategic support and advice to pharmacy contractors across Wales. This is a fixed-term contract covering maternity leave, therefore it is ideal for those wishing to explore their vocation in national community pharmacy, gaining valuable strategic experience whilst retaining their professional pharmacy career.
Reporting to the Director of Contractor Services, as Associate Director you will be an integral member of the Contractor Services Team, involved in the strategic development and implementation of the community pharmacy contractual framework in Wales.
Under the strategic direction of the Director of Contractor Services you will develop and maintain contact through a variety of mechanisms with community pharmacy contractors across Wales to ensure that they are fully aware of all of the opportunities available to them in relation to the delivery of NHS community pharmacy services, duties would involve:
- To monitor the performance of each contractor across Wales to ensure in relation to the delivery of services and to identify any obstacles to the successful delivery of those services
- To work with contractors across Wales in order to maximise the amount of NHS funding spent on NHS community pharmacy services each year
- To manage at least one CPW/LHB Forum in Wales as the main interface between both organisations and otherwise to develop and maintain close working relationships with all LHBs across Wales. To deputise as required in relation to supporting other CPW/ LHB forums
- To work as a member of the Contractor Services team to ensure consistency of approach and application throughout Wales
- To provide advice/support to Board members/contractors who from time to time represent CPW at meetings with the LHB including the LHB Forum or cluster meetings
- To be engaged, together with the other members of the CPW team, in developing briefings for contractors in relation to specific services’ delivery to improve awareness, delivery and solutions for overcoming obstacles
- To be engaged, together with the other members of the CPW team in developing briefings and position papers on community pharmacy issues; communication/PR & media relations including relationships with AMs/MPs, involvement in party conferences, developing media contacts, maintain contacts with other professional bodies/organisations and the preparation of the CPW Annual Report
- To deputise for the Director of Contractor Services as required and to undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
- With reasonable notice, to undertake broader duties of the Contractor Services team, where temporary cover for the Associate Director (External Facing) is required in the event of absence or peak workload
- Pharmacist registered with GPhC
- Currently practising as a community pharmacist and with current or recent experience within Welsh pharmacy (within the last 2 years)
- Accredited to provide MURs and experience of delivering MURs and DMRs
- Ability to travel across Wales , possess a current UK driving licence
- Experience of networking and relationship building; a high level of ability influencing stakeholders
- Knowledge of the community pharmacy contract and current issues facing pharmacy contractors in Wales
- Well-developed, effective, oral and written communication skills
- Happy to balance working as a member of a close-knit team, with independent, remote working as a CPW representative at various contractor and stakeholder group meetings
- Will continue to work at least 1 day a week in a community pharmacy in Wales Accredited to provide enhanced services (e.g. Smoking cessation, EHC, supervised consumption, flu) and experience of delivery and claiming for these services
- Flexible in working pattern wherever possible
- Pharmacy service management experience
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Experience of presenting to professional audiences
- Media experience
To apply, please send your CV via C+D jobs below. For further information about this position, please email Judy.Thomas@cpwales.org.uk.
CPW may bring forward the closing date if sufficient applications have been received prior to the closing date.