Pharmacy Manager – Birmingham Area
Salary: £45,000 p/a + performance related bonus (up to £15,000 p/a)
Are you an experienced Pharmacy Manager looking for something challenging and the above incentives are appealing? Great, read on…
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a technology orientated forward-thinking company that delivers services to the Care Home sector. We are looking for an ambitious, highly driven, Pharmacist to manage and drive growth of the pharmacy business. You will do this by working with senior members of a well-established team to deliver existing services as well participating in the development of new, additional products. You will work alongside the Operations Director to lead and coach the pharmacy team to achieve excellence and provide exceptional customer care and patient safety.
Who are we looking for….
- An Individual who has proven experience of leading, coaching and developing a team
- Proven experience of developing effective working relationships
- Proven delivery of KPI’s to drive performance
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work along with willingness to travel to customers
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Pharmacy Staff
- Lead staff members in the pharmacy by assigning work tasks, supervising, evaluating, hiring, training, and scheduling work shifts for all employees.
- Recruit, train and ongoing development of the pharmacy team
- Ensure that all new starters complete the company induction programme
- You will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities outlined in the role profile relevant to your professional pharmacy qualification.
- Work with the Superintendent Pharmacist to ensure pharmacy compliance with ethical, professional and legal pharmacy standards to ensure that every customer and patient receives a safe, accurate and efficient service
- Ensure you drive the NHS agenda and work collaboratively with the superintendent’s office to reduce incidents
- Take responsibility to ensure that your pharmacy maintains high professional standards to provide a safe working and patient environment at all times
- Ensure confidentiality of customer and company information as required by the Data Protection Act and in line with GDPR.
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internally and externally to drive operational excellence professional services.
- Ensure effective long-term relationships are being developed and maintained with current and future customers
- Establish positive business relationships both internally and externally
- Ensure the pharmacy team delivers the best service and care for our customers and patients
- Deal with customer and patient complaints effectively and efficiently
- Lead and coach the pharmacy team to ensure achievement of NHS items, Professional Services Income and Cost Control targets and KPI’s
- Drive performance of colleagues by setting appropriate performance and behavioural objectives
- Prepare the branch for the professional standard audits and working with the Superintendent Pharmacist to deliver action points recommended
- Ensure ongoing self-development focusing on current issues within the profession, knowledge of the trends and issues affecting business both locally and nationally keeping up to date with regulatory and statuary requirement
- Embed a learning culture in the store focusing on both professional and personal development for colleagues
- Engage the team in achieving success by ensuring understanding of KPI’s and objectives