Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer - Salary £50,000 to £65,000 based on experience and skills
Community Pharmacy North Yorkshire (North Yorkshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee) represents 154 Community Pharmacies across the area. Due to the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) retiring we are seeking to appoint a new CEO.
This exciting key leadership full time role offers the perfect opportunity for an experienced health professional to build on the work of the previous CEO, as well as grasping opportunities that will present themselves arising out of the new NHS Long Term Plan to develop Community Pharmacy in North Yorkshire.
The overall purpose of the role is to guide and support the CPNY in the conduct of its business to deliver the best possible outcomes, as defined by the CPNY strategy, for the benefit of community pharmacy contractors.
The successful individual will provide exceptional leadership support to the Committee ensuring our organisation is at the forefront of the pharmaceutical environment in the areas we work in, via objectives:
- To work with the committee to set the strategic direction of community pharmacy in the CPNY area.
- To engage with NHS leaders, commissioners and the public at both local and national level to deliver the defined strategic agenda.
- To deliver the strategy through the agreed annual strategic plan working to timescales and deadlines as required.
- To ensure long term sustainability, through effective governance, sound finance and delivery of services.
- To work with the CPNY to generate and manage an annual budget and ensure preparation and publication of annual accounts and an annual report.
- To scan for opportunities and advise on proposals for the committee’s consideration on locally commissioned services.
Due to the nature of this role, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will be an experienced high-calibre senior manager within the healthcare or pharmacy specific sector, with an excellent knowledge and appreciation of community pharmacy/healthcare strategic direction and practice. A wide range of skills and attributes are summarised below:
- Proven record of achievement in a senior position within an organisation over at least three years.
- Knowledge and experience of working at Board level
- Experience of managing support staff
- Experience of negotiating and influencing at a strategic level and building relationships and partnership.
- Understanding of the wider health and social care agenda
- Experience of strategic planning, business development and fundraising.
- Experience of representing an organisation publicly to the media.
- Ability to pursue the mission and objectives of the CPNY with demonstrable passion, drive and commitment.
- Positive, pro-active and dynamic.
Remuneration: Salary £50,000 to £65,000 based on experience and skills
Other Benefits: Pension and 6 weeks holiday
The application and selection process:
Please click on the links below to view the Job Description and Personal Specification.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you feel you have the experience and skills to undertake the role. Please ensure you include the names and contact details of two referees (these will not be contacted unless you are offered the position).
Email CV and Letter of Application via C+D Jobs below.
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 29thMarch 2019
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role, please ring the current CEO Jack Davies on 01482 840749.