An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Superintendent Pharmacist in an independent local and award winning pharmacy. We are looking for an enthusiastic head to our team to help develop our already thriving business.
Holme Pharmacy has a close working relationship with our co-located GP practice offering together a high level of care. With a 40 hour contract license, 7500 items per month and a variety of services offered, the right person would have experience at the community or superintendent level and would be looking to take on a challenge to push the business further whilst caring for our community.
For the right candidate, there is a possibility of collaborative working with our co-located general practice. There is also potential for independent prescribing training and integrating the superintendent further into practice pharmacy to take on primary care pharmacy roles and some patient facing opportunities.
We are located in Holme on Spalding Moor in rural East Yorkshire, with good commuting links to York, Hull and Leeds, close to the M62 corridor and with Ofsted outstanding schools on the doorstep. We also have exciting plans to entirely refurbish the pharmacy making it a place to offer a high level of care in modern surroundings.
To apply, please submit an application via NHS Jobs ref. J183-A-19-47340. For more information, contact Victoria Clark at Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 12/04/2019 with interviews being held on 30/04/2019.
- MPharm degree or recognised equivalent
- Registered with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a retail pharmacist
- Experience of working in a patient focussed environment
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Time Management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead others
- Methodical and able to plan effectively
- Ability to organise others
- Performing under pressure
- Team working
- CPPE Summary Care Records training
- Influenza vaccination training
- Experience of managing, engaging and empowering a team
- Experience working as a Superintendent Pharmacist
- Experience of negotiating competitive buying prices
- Experience of delivering community pharmacy enhanced services
- Familiarity with Proscript or similar package and confidence to use on day-to-day basis
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Problem solving skills
- An understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and its impact on practice
- An understanding of the False Medicines Directive and the required processes for compliance