Pharmacy Manager - Gwent, Wales
How much do you value independence and the opportunity to demonstrate your skills?
Abersychan Pharmacy is a busy, progressive Independent Community Pharmacy serving the needs of the population across a Gwent valley. Our very experienced pharmacy team are committed to providing quality pharmacy services in the heart of our community. We have a strong reputation for excellent customer service and provide a personal touch to ensure all our customers receive the help, advice and support they require to get the most from their medicines.
We offer a wide range of services in a friendly and professional environment including the following enhanced services: Choose Pharmacy - Common Ailments, Supervised Consumption, Level 2 + 3 Smoking Cessation, Emergency Contraception, Flu Vaccination, Palliative Care and Medication Administration Service, as well as the usual range of Advanced Services.
As part of our continuing growth, we are seeking an experienced Pharmacist to take on the responsibility for developing and leading the pharmacy team to excel in the delivery of these clinical services to help improve health outcomes in line with Welsh Government policy set out in Taking Wales Forward. This will include developing further our strong links with local GP Practices, Social Services and District Nurses.
In addition, the role will be fully supported by the Superintendent Pharmacist, an Accredited Checking Technician, a pre-reg Pharmacy Technician, five Dispensers and a Delivery Driver. Paperwork and involvement in the retail side of the business will be kept to a minimum to allow for complete focus on developing and delivering pharmacy services.
If you are the person we are looking for, then you will be able to:
- Provide a safe an efficient Pharmaceutical Service in a busy, demanding environment.
- Enthusiastically lead the Pharmacy Team to deliver quality pharmacy services, ensuring compliance with SOPs, SLAs and PGDs.
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to improve the well-being of the local community and beyond.
- Effectively manage workload to ensure all opportunities for remuneration are taken.
- Work with the Superintendent Pharmacist to identify and implement opportunities to develop pharmacy services.
- Understand the direction of travel for primary care services in Wales and be innovative in approach to providing pharmacy services within this setting.
- Project a confident, positive image to our customers to strengthen and maintain loyalty.
- Display a friendly and outgoing personality with strong communication skills.
- Show a ‘Can Do’ attitude to overcome challenges and motivate the pharmacy team.
- Lead by example by setting high standards throughout.
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks paid holiday
- Bonus Scheme
- No Saturdays
- GPhC fees paid
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount
Community pharmacy in Wales is changing. If you have a desire to play a major part in helping us to succeed with the opportunities ahead and make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Allan Gilbert, Superintendent Pharmacist on 01495 773160 (daytime) or 07972 944944 (evenings and weekends only).
To apply, please submit a covering letter, CV and current salary information via C+D Jobs below.
Alternatively, please send covering letter outlining the skills you have to meet the demands of this exciting opportunity and forward to:
Allan Gilbert, Superintendent Pharmacist Director
14/15 Broad St.
Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.