Senior Oncology Pharmacist
Oncology Pharmacist | Pharmacy | Equivalent Band 7/8a | Leeds| Fantastic Opportunity for a senior Pharmacist
Spire Leeds Hospital has an exciting opportunity for Senior Pharmacist who specialises in Oncology to join our experienced and dynamic team.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will split your day between Oncology and Pharmacy duties whilst deputising for the Pharmacy Manager.
- To facilitate the daily running of the Pharmacy Department
- To provide an efficient Pharmaceutical Service for both inpatients and outpatients and to provide a ward based clinical service to patients that have been admitted
- Provide advice and clear instructions to patients that require discharge medication
- Checking bloods, anti-sickness and supplementary dispensing and assessing health and wellbeing
Who we're looking for
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Oncology Pharmacy Experience within a hospital setting
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate well with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital
- Experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicines management in a hospital setting.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little on 07860 407360 or email email@example.com
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.