Pharmacy Accuracy Checking Technician ( ACT )
PHARMACY ACCURACY CHECKING TECHNICIAN (ACT) - Full/Part Time - Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1LA
Join our Passionate NHS Pharmacy Team and become a Local NHS Healthcare Professional. Serve the local community helping patients on a day to day basis.
We are looking for Pharmacy Qualified ACT's for our Health Centre located Pharmacy within Warders Health Centre, Tonbridge, TN9 1LA
East Street Pharmacy is part of the Pillbox Chemists Group, a family owned independent community pharmacy group with 25 pharmacies across the South East of England. We are now recruiting full & part time pharmacy ACTS's with flexible shifts. This is a great opportunity for someone to progress in the pharmacy profession and join our forward looking team to further their opportunities.
Your main responsibilities as Accuracy Checking Technician will be assist the Pharmacist in managing the day to day running of the dispensary, managing stock levels and assist managing customers with their needs to make sure service levels are kept to their highest level and customer satisfaction remains is satisfactory. A key part of your role will be to check dispensed prescriptions that have passed the clinical check and are ready to be handed out to patients thus releasing time for the Pharmacist to focus on other tasks and pharmacy services.
As part of the wider NHS our Pharmacy offers a number of NHS services to patients including Flu Jabs, Health Checks, Medicines Checks with Reviews, No Smoking Programmes, & Blood Pressure Checks. You will be actively involved in being part of providing these services and also after the appropriate training provide some of these services yourself.
In addition to the above you will learn a huge amount about the NHS, Medicines, Pharmacy, Dispensing Processes and the services Pharmacists provide to thousands of people on a daily basis in local communities. You can be part of a business providing a key NHS Healthcare Service.
- Pharmacy ACT qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused & friendly
- A team player
- Excellent Accuracy & Numeracy skills
- Self Motivated the ability to work to tight deadline
- Perform under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Further courses Fully Paid with recognised programmes
- Fully Progressive Programmes with a formal Pathway
- Health Checks
- No Smoking Programmes
- Blood Pressure Testing on Patients
- First Aid & CPR Training
Hours of Work
- Part-Time or Full Time Permanent
- Opportunities for Extra Hours with Over-Time
- Flexible Shifts
- Monday - Sunday
- 7am - 10pm
Salary & Benefits
- £12.00 - £ 14.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- Salary Reviewed as with Training and Qualifications Progression
- Clear Career Pathway leading to senior roles
- 4 weeks Holidays + Bank Holidays
- 10% Staff Discount on Counter Medicines and Health & Beauty Products
- Pension Option
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to build their existing career in pharmacy as ACT Technician.
If you are interested in Healthcare with a real customer focus providing a safe quality pharmacy service to make a difference, then contact us now for more information or to apply.
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR CV