Dispensing Assistant / Technician
We are an independent community pharmacy in Edgware looking to recruit a Dispensing Assistant / Technician. We expect the candidate to have a dispensing qualification for this vacancy.
This is a great opportunity to work within a busy family run pharmacy. The dispenser will be involved in all dispensing procedures including dispensing and labelling medication, preparing dossett boxes, and interacting with our patients. The candidate must be able to work well in a small team, be confident and willing to help patients, and have a caring personality. The ideal candidate should be able to work well in stressful situations and be able to manage their workload.
As we are a small team, we expect the ideal candidate to be a team player including helping on the counter during busy periods and be willing to get involved with all tasks.
Monday – Friday: 9.00am to 7.00pm including lunch break
Saturday: 9.00am to 1.00pm
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the team to manage the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
- Ensure that our patients receive a caring, considerate and polite service.
- Have effective communication skills when answering the phone and dealing with queries.
- Be able to work efficiently and accurately.
- To be a team player
- To have excellent communication skills
- To be organised and tidy
- To be able to work well in stressful scenarios, and have a can-do attitude
- To have a compassionate and caring personality
- Dispensing qualification
- Previous community pharmacy experience
- Good IT skills. A basic understanding of Word and Excel is desirable.
Competitive and dependent on experience.