Pharmacy Manager - Ipswich
What’s in it for you
Our Pharmacy department is one of the most exciting areas of our business. We are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our customers. Our modern pharmacies are a great environment for colleagues to develop as they help to serve Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- A structured training plan for Pharmacy Leadership, designed by industry experts.
- Annual payment of your GPhC fee.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Location enhanced salary in selected areas.
- An annual bonus scheme, a share saver scheme and a Tesco Retirement Savings Plan.
- Discounts through the Tesco business, including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Financial products.
- Gym membership at corporate rates organised through GymPass ®
Tesco Pharmacy offers a high level of working flexibility and control over your work rotas. This enables our managers to enjoy routine overlap periods with other pharmacists on duty, so ideas about patient care and colleague development can be worked on together.
Colleague welfare is very important at Tesco, and to take your health and well-being seriously our stores ensure that pharmacists always get uninterrupted breaks away from the pharmacy, to help you relax, refuel and recharge on or off site.
To ensure correct staffing levels and flexibility our Pharmacy teams are supported by trained multi-skilled colleagues from across the store, available to support the pharmacy when required to maintain safe staffing.
Above all this, working for the UK’s largest retailer gives you the opportunity to develop into roles anywhere in the UK and, for those interested, into fields beyond pharmacy.
About the role
Discover what it’s like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering a gold standard of service and patient care. There’s a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as helping customers with their new medicines, providing vaccinations, reviewing customers’ use of their medicines, and checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It’s very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside experienced pharmacists and managers, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
We are looking for talented and driven pharmacy professionals who can lead and deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
You will be responsible for
As a Pharmacy Manager, you'll play an important role in managing, inspiring and developing a team of colleagues into senior pharmacists of the future whilst delivering a great service for our customers. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do, making sure our medicines are available, providing patient services, dispensing, and giving healthcare advice.
- Leading, motivating and developing your colleagues.
- Keeping the business and the customer safe and legal.
- Building working relationships with Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) and GP surgeries and ensuring payment claims are accurate for anything covered by the NHS.
Working as part of a team of Pharmacists, your work will provide you with numerous opportunities for continued professional development, peer review and reflective learning. Supported by your Duty Pharmacy Managers, you'll also develop your management and leadership skills by managing other healthcare professionals.
You will need
Managing one of our modern pharmacies, you'll apply your pharmacy and people leadership experience and passion for patient care through services, to lead and motivate your team to be the best they can be.
You will need:
- A pharmacy degree
- Membership of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- MUR accreditation
- Hepatitis B immunisation (or be prepared to be immunised after starting)
- Pharmacists working for Tesco will have to complete a DBS check (organised by Tesco) prior to commencement of employment.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life and help improve and develop our team every day. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information, please go to www.tescoplc.com.
Apply for Pharmacy Manager - Ipswich
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly