Pharmacy Manager & Superintendent Pharmacist - Lynton, North Devon
The opportunity has become available for a Pharmacy Manager with Superintendent Pharmacist role at Lynton Chemist, a traditional family-owned independent pharmacy in the picturesque coastal village of Lynton & Lynmouth situated in the North Devon countryside just outside Minehead, Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and commutable from Taunton/Bridgewater.
The role would suit newly qualified pharmacists, experienced pharmacy managers and community pharmacists looking for career growth with high-level support provided from owners.
Ideal for candidates nationwide who are looking to move away from the hustle and bustle of city life in urban locations (Bristol, Birmingham, London regions), to relocate to a coastal area of outstanding natural beauty offered from the villages of Lynton & Lynmouth.
Outstanding package created for you:
- 45 hours a week (split over 5 days)
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly and yearly bonus (targets)
- Profit sharing scheme
- Accommodation provided (subsidised - low rent/bills)
Lynton Chemist is the heart of the local village community, providing a much-needed service to the surrounding villages offering, repeat prescription service, delivery, with a wide range of over the counter medication, cosmetics, pet medication and unique gift items within our local shop.
We are currently looking for a qualified Pharmacist to become a Pharmacy Manager and Superintendent Pharmacist on a permanent basis, to manage the Pharmacy from 8.00am- 6.30pm - 4 days a week, with additional 7 hours on Wednesday and to work Saturday morning's from 9am - 12.00pm.
We are offering a market leading package which includes a highly-competitive salary with a profit sharing scheme plus many additional benefits such as fully compensated accommodation to be used free of charge during the employment.
Lynton Chemist provides valuable services to the surrounding villages through their many offerings; managed repeat prescriptions, medicine delivery and essential NHS services. The pharmacy also provides a wide range of over the counter medication, cosmetics, pet medication and unique gift items.
Your role as the Pharmacist is to put patient service first by providing a personal approach with attention to detail. You will have experience of working in a community pharmacy, leading a team and be responsible for great customer service and delivering results.
Other additional requirements will be to; dispense items, conduct additional services such as MURs, NMS, Smoking cessation, local enhanced services and be responsible for delivering pharmacy key performance indicators.
The Pharmacy is fully staffed, and the team are very experienced so you will have enough support to be able to fulfil and manage the duties required to operate the Pharmacy. All staff are OTC and dispensing assistant qualified.
You will need to be great with people and an excellent communicator, you will have experience of improving sales, inspiring teams to succeed and providing high performing pharmacy services to the local community. Our customers are the most important thing to our business and we pride ourselves on building great relationships with people from our local community, therefore, it is important that you have a passion for excellent customer service.
As a Qualified Pharmacy Manager you will:
- Full Pharmacist qualifications (newly qualified considered)
- Be managing a pharmacy day-to-day operation
- Have very good clinical skills
- Challenge the Status Quo of the current setup to make improvements
- Be part of a hard-working and compact team.
- Have excellent relationship building skills to be involved in developing relationships with healthcare organisations and patients
- Oversee the day to day operation of the Pharmacy and adopt new procedures
- Drive relationships with the surgery
- Improve service delivery to keep away the competition
- Maintain safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organisation operational policies, procedures, and standards
- Deal with staff Performance
- Increase profitability of the pharmacy
Personal Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
- Be a good communicator, you must be able to listen carefully to what patients say, as well as explain complex and sometimes sensitive information to the public and other healthcare professionals.
- Work with others in a multidisciplinary team as well as lead others in a team
- Be accurate and meticulous
- Have a methodical approach to work
- Understand business principles
- Act in a professional and confident manner
- Inspire the trust of others
- Take on a high level of responsibility.
The job role would suit:
- Experienced Pharmacist/pharmacy managers & newly qualified Pharmacists
- People looking to relocate to a coastal location within the picturesque villages of Lynton & Lynmouth (close proximity to Minehead, Barnstaple, Taunton/Bridgewater)
- Pharmacists (new or experienced) looking for a role with more responsibility, autonomy and effort/reward alignment
- Pharmacists/Pharmacy Managers looking to gain the benefit of owning a Pharmacy without making the investment to buy
- Individuals with a full clean UK driving license
- Someone looking to work/live in a rural location (who enjoys woodland walks, nature hikes and aspires to coastal living) with a community heart and spirit
What you can expect in return:
- Market leading employment package (salary, profit share and subsidised accommodation)
- Staff discount
- Holiday and sickness pay
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more or would just like to apply, please email your CV and cover letter by clicking on 'Apply now'
We will be in touch with all candidates within 24 hours.
Closing date for applications: 8th September 2019
Apply for Pharmacy Manager & Superintendent Pharmacist - Lynton, North Devon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly