Pharmacist - Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset
Successful candidate will work as a community pharmacist in a 100 hours busy pharmacy situated within a Medical Centre to provide pharmacy related services.
- dispense and check prescription medicines to the public
- ensure that different treatments are compatible
- check dosage and ensure that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled.
- supervise the preparation of any medicines, as required
- keep a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- liaise with doctors about prescriptions
- sell over-the-counter medicines
- advise the public on the treatment of minor ailments
- advise patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines
- be responsible for preparation and checking of dosette boxes
- undertake some Medicine Use Reviews (MURs), no targets set
- provide support through the New Medicine Service (NMSs) to patients, as required, no targets set
- offer specialist health checks, such as blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring and diabetes screening, as required
- arrange the delivery of prescription medicines to patients
- manage, lead, supervise and train pharmacy support staff
- supervise disposal of unwanted and out of date medicines
- keep up to date with current pharmacy practices
The successful candidate will work 40 hours each week. The shifts will involve evening work, however, there is room for flexibility for a suitable candidate.
Although it is not an exhaustive you will be expected to at least exhibit following skills:
- excellent communication skills as he/she must listen carefully to what patients say, as well as explain complex and sometimes sensitive information to the public and other healthcare professionals
- the ability to work with others in a team, as well as to lead a team
- an empathy for the welfare of the patients
- accuracy and attention to detail
- a methodical approach to work
- a professional and confident manner at all times
- be prepared to take responsibility of situations
Interested candidates may apply via C+D Jobs below. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07538 199620.