UHS Pharmacy LTD (UPL) is looking for a GPhC registered pharmacist to be part of the team providing excellent, professional medicines dispensing service to the outpatients of Southampton General Hospital. Working within an outpatient’s pharmacy at a busy hospital is hugely rewarding, and we’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our friendly, expanding team.
ABOUT UPL AND THE ROLE
UPL is a wholly owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. The pharmacy, located in the main foyer of Southampton General Hospital, provides a range of over-the-counter medicines and products, as well as pharmacy services for hospital staff, outpatients and visitors.
The Pharmacy is open Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings.
As a GPhC registered pharmacist, your role will include:
- screening, dispensing and checking outpatient prescriptions
- counsel patients and customers on the safe and effective use of medicines
- compliance with GPhC legislation and other clinical and legal responsibilities
- working with the team to constantly improve the patient experience
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR AND WHAT WE CAN OFFER
We invite applications from candidates who are looking for full (40 hours a week) or part time (minimum 30hours).
You will possess the following:
- UK Masters degree in Pharmacy, or equivalent qualification
- A focus on providing first class customer service
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- positive and self-motivated attitude and friendly demeanour
- ability to work well in a busy, pressured environment
- a drive to constantly improve the patient experience
In return UHS Pharmacy Ltd will offer:
- competitive salary
- performance related bonus scheme
- good holiday, pension scheme and staff discount scheme
- training and development, paid continuing professional development (CPD) days and GPhC fees paid
Please note positions do not fall under Agenda for Change as UHS Pharmacy Ltd is a Limited Company.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, we’d encourage you to get in touch using the contact information at the bottom of this advert with any questions or if you would like to arrange an informal visit. Alternatively, if you’re ready to apply, please follow the link below to complete an application.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th September 2019
Apply for Pharmacist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly