Dispensing Assistant - Competitive salary and training opportunities
Fairlop Pharmacy is looking for a Dispensing Assistant to work 30 to 35 hours per week in Barkingside (North East London/Essex)
Salary: Starting at a minimum of £9/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
The role: This is an excellent opportunity for a diligent candidate who wants to progress in a friendly environment that rewards hard work with regular salary reviews and further professional training opportunities.
Reporting directly to the pharmacist, the successful candidate will:
- Be part of a small, hardworking and efficient team
- Nurture relationships with patients and healthcare organisations
- Deliver patient focussed and effective customer service
- Eventually be responsible for the management of the dispensary including stock levels; advanced/enhanced service administration; care home provision; other dispensary duties.
- Occasionally advise patients on OTC medication and assist in the provision of private health services
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Training courses and development towards further professional qualifications
- 10% staff discount
- Additional benefits with tenure
- NVQ Level II Dispenser or NVQ Level III Technician
- Ideally experienced although newly qualified dispensers and technicians are welcome to apply
- An accurate worker with a keen eye for detail
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure towards deadlines
- IT literate
- A willingness to take on further responsibilities and duties
Interviews to commence immediately.