Hospital Pharmacy Manager | Band 7 equivalent salary | Bristol | Mon-Fri hours
Spire Bristol, is looking for a Pharmacy Manager to be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership. We will consider someone looking to step up from a band 6 role into their first management role.
Facilities include 80 private en-suite rooms, 3 intensive care beds, 5 high dependency unit beds, 5 Theatres, Paediatrics department treating children aged 3 and over, on-site CT, X-ray and ultrasound scanning with secure links to NHS PACS, digital mammogram
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- To provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost effective use of medicines.
- To advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management of medicines, ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards.
- To promote a multidisciplinary, patient focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high quality healthcare service.
Who we're looking for
- Degree (BSc/MSc Hons)
- Current member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient requirements.
- Experience of clinical leadership g. developing peers - desirable but not essential
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (this will increase to 35 as of 1st January 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Lisa O’Connor on 07912 574552 or email lisa.o’email@example.com
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.