Leicestershire and Rutland LPC is the local voice for all community pharmacies in our area. We represent over 230 pharmacies across our area from single handed independent pharmacies to those owned by bigger chains.
Our vision is to innovate, inspire and support Community Pharmacy teams. As the representative body of Community Pharmacy, we reinforce the importance and value provided by our profession as well as representing our contractors in local and national consultations to NHS England, Health and Wellbeing Boards and PSNC.
We support, provide resources and guidance to our pharmacy contractors; support local enhanced and commissioned services and work promoting our local pharmacies to enable them to deliver quality healthcare and improved outcomes to our patients
We have a passion for advancing the enhanced role of community pharmacy, to ensure it plays an active part in promoting health and wellbeing to our diverse communities across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland and are looking for a Chief Officer that can help us deliver our Vision.
This role is offered on a part time basis with the successful candidate being able to offer flexibility in hours when needed.
We are looking to recruit a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual who is passionate about delivering excellent standards and ensuring delivery of the organisations aims and commitments.
The successful candidate should have relevant experience of working in a Community Pharmacy or the NHS and must possess the following skills:
- Experience of effective partnership working
- Experience of representing an organisation publicly to the media
- Negotiating skills to secure funding with other parties
- Negotiating and influencing skills at a strategic level in order to build relationships and partnerships
- Understanding of culture, politics, structures and policy landscape in the NHS and Local Authorities
- Understanding and experience of investigating new services and developing them
- Able to work within the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Experience of presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Significant experience at senior management level to include strategic planning, financial and human resource management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing support staff
- Knowledge and experience of working at Board Level
- Networking, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Degree level or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills including advanced understanding of Microsoft office applications
- Car owner with clean licence
The salary is dependent upon experience circa £40,000 pa based upon a 32 hours per week contract
If you feel you have the essential requirements we are looking for and are interested in this exciting position, please apply via the website enclosing your full C.V. and covering letter stating why you should be considered for this position.
Closing dates for applications is the 7th November 2020. Interviews for this position will be held during November 2020.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of the advertised closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.