Asterwell Pharmacy is a busy community pharmacy located in Solihull. We are looking for an experienced pharmacy Technician (NVQ LEVEL 3) / ACT with a friendly, caring and professional attitude to join our pharmacy team.
Our practice has achieved good practice status during our last GPHC inspection (2019). Patient feedback on NHS choices have given us a 5-star rating.
The applicant will have NVQ level 3 qualification and registered with GPHC. The candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience working within a community pharmacy. The applicant must be willing to learn and adapt new skills to their work. They must be able to work in a busy environment and add the experience they have to the rest of the team. The applicant must be able to work in an organised manner both alone and as part of a team and must be able to adapt to new challenges that are put in front of you. The suitable candidate must be able to deliver high volume blister packs. The position will require concentration, accuracy and a good eye for detail.
This position is for start ASAP and the usual working hours would be
Monday - Friday 9 to 7, 1-hour unpaid break
Saturday - 9am - 1pm (1 in 3 shifts/ alternating)
Contract Hours: 39 hours a week (full-time position)
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Main duties will include all aspects of dispensing, customer service and retail sales.
• Endorse, label and dispense prescriptions
• Ordering medication
• Create and update patient medication records
• Request prescriptions
• Undertake housekeeping duties to ensure the pharmacy remains clean and tidy
• Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventory
• Regular stock and date checking in the pharmacy
• Help out with deliveries in case of emergencies and visit local surgeries to collect prescriptions
No phone calls please any queries about job role drop in an email to HR Manager
Employee Benefits4 weeks paid holiday
Bank holiday pay
Company pension Scheme
Company Bonus Scheme
COVID-19 considerations: PPE will be provided