General Practice Pharmacists (Temporary 1 year)
Salary scale: £37,890 - £40,894
Craigavon, Armagh & Dungannon, Newry & District Federations are recruiting for a number of temporary General Practice Pharmacists to work within GP practices in their areas, to deliver direct patient care and optimise the safety and quality of medicines management.
A 12-month waiting list will also be compiled for any subsequent full time/part time permanent/temporary posts which may arise in the Federation areas.
- Registration with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI) or eligible for membership.
- Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy
- Registered as an Independent Prescriber or be willing to undertake an Independent Prescribing qualification
- 3 years post – registration experience in pharmacy.
- In-depth therapeutic and clinical knowledge and understanding of the principles of evidence-based healthcare
- An appreciation of the nature of primary care prescribing, concepts of rational prescribing and strategies for improving prescribing
- Experience in use of IT
- Hold a full current driving licence and/or* have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full. *This relates to any individual who as declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving.
- Willingness to travel within locality and Federation group of practices.
The closing date for submission of completed applications is 12.00 noon, Friday 11th December 2020.
It will be necessary to carry out an Enhanced Disclosure Check through Access NI before any appointment to the post.