Come & work as part of our team as a Relief Pharmacist on the stunning island of Guernsey! Various hours are available alongside a brilliant benefits package.
Our High Street store opens from 8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Saturday & 10:00am-4:00pm on Sunday. A normal shift pattern would include 3 in 4 weekends with a day off in the week & a rota Sunday, again with a day off in lieu.
The successful Pharmcist will be supported by two qualified Assistant Managers as well as the Pharmacist Store Manager. There are also two Pharmacists, a Trainee Dispensing Technician, two Pharmacy Advisors, three Trainee Pharmacy Advisors & a Healthcare Customer Assistant that make up the team.
The store has a busy healthcare counter with lots of customers visiting for advice for self-care, signposting, as well as our regular customers for prescriptions, DDS & CHS. We offer smoking cessation with Quitline via our trainee Pharmacy Advisor & DUS with our local CDAT. We aim for 1800 items a week but with the current climate it is around 1300 items a week so a great opportunity to grow the business back as we move into our next phase in Guernsey.
This could also be an incredible relocation opportunity if you are searching for a new challenge as well as a new lifestyle, “Guernsey is a beautiful island with lots to offer individuals & families alike. From surfing at Vazon to cycling the hill climb at Val de Terres, swimming at the La Vallette bathing pools or taking an invigorating walk on the Jerbourg cliff paths or enjoying some Guernsey ice cream at one of the many beach kiosks overlooking a picturesque bay there is always something to do. See if you can spot the puffins on the islets during a boat tour or a wild orchid in the meadows; if you are really lucky you will see the dolphins follow your boat into the harbour!”
Pharmacist Store Manager Charlotte says, “The first time I stepped off the plane and on to Guernsey soil I knew it was the place for me! I truly love my team and feel very lucky to be a part of the St Peter Port store. Being located in the heart of the town it has given me the opportunity to integrate with the whole community; it's a nice feeling to walk down the high street and see so many friendly faces. Even on a tough day (we all have them!) there is always someone to offer a cup of tea, knowing we just need to realign and go for better!”
For further details on this vacancy, please contact Regional Recruiter Melissa Adey on:
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.