Job Title: Vaccination Centre Support Colleague
Salary: Up to £8.76 ph
Contract Type: Up to 6 months fixed term contract
Work Pattern: 0 hour contract with various hours on a rota basis
Location: Whaley Bridge, SK23 area
We are potentially opening a vaccination centre in the Whaley Bridge area and we are looking for Vaccination Centre Support Colleagues to join our team to support and provide excellent customer and patient care whilst they receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
This is a unique and exciting role within Well Pharmacy as well as a great opportunity to support your local community in the largest UK vaccination programme.
You’ll provide support across a number of critical roles which are:
- Greeters – from managing the flow of the car park through to greeting, checking patient appointment details through to queue management, this role will ensure each person has a positive experience of the vaccination centre.
- Registration – checking in patients, checking identity, and registering all the required details needed for that patients record to progress through to receive their vaccination.
- Observers – After a vaccine, every patient must wait in the observation area, as a precaution, in case they have any unexpected reactions to the vaccine. You will work closely with the onsite team to support patients as they leave the centre.
You’ll need to have a flexible approach to your duties as whichever role you’ll complete you’ll be critical to that patients experience. You’ll be able to deal with patients in a calm, confidential, professional and sensitive manner, helping them through the vaccination process. Therefore, you’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced, busy environment and demonstrate your passion for healthcare.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment and working under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
What you’ll get in return:
- Appropriate training to enable you to be successful in the role you do
- Competitive pay
- Generous holiday allowance
- Employee discount scheme
In anticipation of the vaccination centre opening, we would be looking for you to potentially start in March/April 2021 – the potential opening hours will be 7:30am – 8pm across 7 days a week and shifts will be allocated on a rota basis.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to make a difference in your community.
Apply today www.well.co.uk/jobs and search Vaccination Centre Support Colleagues.
Alternatively, if you would like to support the vaccine centre by volunteering, please submit your details via our volunteers advert.
Closing date: 16th February 2021
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive:
- We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date.
- It may not be possible for us to provide an outcome to all applicants. If you are not contacted within 14 days of your submission unfortunately you will have been unsuccessful in a Support Colleague position. However, we would welcome your support as a volunteer.