Job Title: Area Operations Manager
Role Band: RB4U
Contract: FTC 12 Months
Location: Area 231 - Cambridge and North Essex
This is a new role which we believe will be absolutely pivotal to the success of our new field structure.
We are looking for leaders who meet the following profile;
- Thrives on colleague & patient interaction
- Passionate about spending 90% of their time in Pharmacies
- Works at pace and with accuracy
- Is resilient, enjoys constant change & challenge
- Is motivated by Leading a team to deliver tangible & measurable results
If you are confident that you can demonstrate all of the above….then read on!
As Area Operations Managers you will be responsible for the management and performance of between 8-15 pharmacies. You will build capable & competent teams to deliver the best community pharmacy experience, focussing on delivering the KPIs and budgets, ensuring patient safety, and that quality and standards are delivered across all Pharmacies.
This role reports directly to the Senior/Regional Operations Manager and will be responsible for:
- Visits each Pharmacy every two weeks (minimum), leaving SMART actions, to drive business performance.
- Supports our ‘Delivering Well’ strategy through alignment of Pharmacy activity to corporate strategy.
- Drives the delivery of Rx growth, Services and OTC sales in line with budgets.
- Delivers excellent standards through ensuring compliance with all processes & procedures.
- Monitors competitor activity to look for opportunities to grow market share.
Patient Safety, Quality and Standards
- Ensures that all Pharmacies meet the GPhC standards & requirements of the NHS contract.
- Completes first line investigations into PSIs & CD discrepancies when required.
- Ensures delivery of all quality standards required by the NHS.
Delivering Outstanding Care
- Ensures that the team actively promote and deliver all NHS and private services.
- Ensures all complaints & incidents are reported, resolved or escalated as appropriate.
- Actively builds & maintains strong relationships with the local healthcare community.
- Ensures that their team actively offer tailored advice & products for prevention, treatment and wellbeing to patients & customers.
High Performance Team
- Recruits & builds trained, motivated and capable teams.
- Actively manages performance through effective coaching & feedback in addition to formal reviews.
- Identifies & develops both internal & external talent, providing a talent pipeline.
- Ensures that everyone in the area is clear on their role & priorities through regular, clear & effective communication.
- Constantly seeks to develop their own skills & competence and builds an environment of ongoing learning for all team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of field/ multi-site management – either in a BAU capacity, responsible for cross-regional working (manage a Relief team) and/or as part of a project.
- Understanding of the pharmacy market & profession (desirable).
- Sound commercial & analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective coaching & feedback skills.
- Strong planning & organising – able to manage conflicting priorities & allocate resource effectively.
- Able to build & maintain highly effective professional networks through building relationships with internal & external stakeholders based on mutual trust.
- Understands the requirements of the NHS contract and the GPhC/PSNI standards.
How to apply:
You will need to submit your CV and a covering letter as 1 document as a word or PDF file when applying.
As this is a new role within Well, it is essential that within your covering letter you detail:
- The reason for your application.
- Your experience in field/multi-site management of teams to deliver key operational targets as well as what other experience you feel you have that would benefit the Area Operations Manager role.
Closing Date: 31st March 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.