About the role
Discover what it’s like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering a gold standard service and care. There’s a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as support for giving up smoking, reviewing customers’ use of medicines, checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It’s very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside industry experts, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
We're committed to finding the very best Duty Pharmacy Manager out there. We are looking for talented and driven professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
As a Duty Pharmacy Manager, you'll play an important role in supporting the managing, inspiring and developing of the team to deliver a great service for our customers. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do, making sure our medicines are available, carrying out tests, dispensing, and giving healthcare advice.
- Supporting the leading, motivating and developing colleagues.
- Keeping the business and the customer safe and legal.
- Building working relationships with Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) and GP surgeries and ensuring payment claims are accurate for anything covered by the NHS.
You will need
Supporting the management of one of our new modern pharmacies, you'll apply your experience and strong customer focus to help lead and motivate your team to be the best they can be.
You will need:
- A pharmacy degree
- Membership of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), and be willing to gain membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme (which Tesco will assist with obtaining upon an offer of employment).
What’s in it for you
Our Pharmacy department is one of the most exciting areas of our business. We are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our customers. Our modern pharmacies are a great environment for colleagues to develop. Our Pharmacies are climate controlled, safe and secure working environments allowing our colleagues to help to serve Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5%.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
We also offer the flexibility to control your own rota, an on-site subsidised staff canteen offering a wide range of delicious food, the opportunity to work anywhere in the UK, and a platform to develop a unique career combining your retail, business and pharmaceutical skills.