Patient focused pharmacist required to work with excellent, well trained support staff in a friendly extended hour pharmacy located on a busy and vibrant High Street.
Approximately 45 hours/week. Shifts will include some evening and occasional weekends on rotation.
We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic and customer orientated pharmacist who has experience with Proscript to work closely with colleagues, patients and local healthcare professionals to deliver high quality NHS and private health services.
The successful candidate will gain a wealth of experience and will benefit from the opportunity to further develop their skills in this role. They will be required to assist management in maintaining and developing procedures to continuously improve the service.
- Dispensing 9000+ items a month
- Methadone provision
- Needle exchange
- Emergency hormonal contraception
- Smoking cessation
- Flu vaccinations
- CPCS services
- Private travel clinic
- Private oral PGDs
- OTC advice on a range of conditions
The successful candidate would also enjoy the opportunity to develop services that they think will benefit the business and the patient base and will have plenty of opportunity for CPD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dispensing and checking of prescription medicines to the public
- Provision of all nationally and locally commissioned NHS services.
- Assist in routine daily, weekly and monthly procedures to ensure services are delivered with accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist in administrative housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with GPhC and NHS England regulatory requirements in all aspects of the pharmacy.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with other professionals in local surgeries, care homes and with the LPC and NHS England.
- Assist in ensuring all legal and good practice regulations and obligations are met by the staff.
- Working as part of a team of pharmacists, your work will provide you with numerous opportunities for continued professional development, peer review and reflective learning. Supported by your superintendent pharmacist, you will also develop your management and leadership skills by managing other healthcare professionals.
We will offer you:
- An extremely competitive, negotiable salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Staff discount
- Opportunity for further training and qualifications
- The option to work on a locum basis if preferred.
The post is full time, although part-time or job share candidates are also welcome to apply.