Job Title: Pharmacist Manager
Location: Lochgilphead, Argyll
Salary: Up to £57,306 per annum+ Benefits: relocation, retention bonus, 37 days holiday, healthcare, pension, GPHC fees paid
Working Hours & Shift Pattern: 45 hours per week, working 5 days with alternate Saturday’s
A Special Thank You
Before we start to find out if we’re a good fit, we just wanted to say thank you. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, pharmacists across the UK stood up to the plate and helped to protect the country and for that, we will always be grateful.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Pharmacist Manager to join our amazing teams in Lochgilphead, Argyll. This store is located in coastal village feel location, great community feel. Great potential for growth, with other local amenities not to mention it has great colleagues. This friendly pharmacy offers a wide range of services making it a great place for an experienced or newly qualified pharmacist to really make their mark.
There’s a lot to discover at LloydsPharmacy. We have a wide range of exciting opportunities within a community pharmacy setting, but also in hospitals, care homes, mental health facilities and prisons.
We don’t believe in standing still, which is why we are investing in our future. We have enhanced our IT capabilities, implemented a new pharmacy dispensing system and developed a number of HR tools to make your life easier. You’ll have access to training and development programmes at all stages of your career through one of our many pathways; whether it’s a step into management, a regional training role, or even at our Head office - the opportunities are endless. In addition to the benefits you would expect; GPhC fees paid, company pension, private medical insurance, we also offer:
- 37 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Market leading maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Full support from our employee assistance programme including a health and wellbeing app
- Up to 50% staff discount at LloydsPharmacy in store and online!
- Company bonus scheme
- Relocation package available
- Competitive retention bonus offered
As part of your career pathway here at Lloyds Pharmacy, for Scotland based employees, we offer the opportunity to gain your Independent Prescriber qualification. This is a fantastic way to progress your career and gain an indispensable skill and new qualification.
At LloydsPharmacy, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we encourage it for the benefit of our colleagues, our services, and our communities. You’ll have access to our diversity networks, inclusion groups and feel supported and comfortable in yourself at all times.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to share their expertise, inspire their team and drive a continuous learning culture to constantly improve your pharmacy and put our customers first. You must have an MPharm degree or equivalent and be registered with the GPhC by your start date. You will also be comfortable providing services to patients, including vaccinations.
Regardless of your circumstances, we have a number of options to support you in your move to LloydsPharmacy. We currently offer the options below, however if your circumstances are different, please do not hesitate to reach out to us to discuss how we can help you.
- Certificate of Sponsorship for overseas pharmacists
- EU Conversion Course – we offer an 8-week training programme to support pharmacists who qualified in Europe and have passed their IELTS exam
- For Scotland based Pharmacists, you may have the opportunity to gain your Independent Prescriber qualification (based on a number of requirements). This is a fantastic way to progress your career and gain an indispensable skill and new qualification
- Newly Qualified opportunities – whether you are currently a provisional pharmacist or a pre-reg pharmacist sitting your exam this summer, we have a number of roles where you can kick start your career!
- Relocation Support – if you are open to relocation across the UK, please speak to our team about how we can support you and your family settle into a new home, at one of our selected pharmacies
LloydsPharmacy is a household name, part of the wider McKesson UK family, with over 1,400 stores nationwide; accessibly located within local communities, health centres and online. Working as a key partner to the NHS, we dispense more than 150 million prescription items per year supported by over 19,000 colleagues.
We are defined by our ICARE values, and ILEAD behaviours. These guide our decision making and help to make sure we stay focussed on what really matters. Together, ICARE and ILEAD build our shared value system and are the key pillars of McKesson’s culture.
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity & inclusion, taking a person-centred approach to our interview process that is fair and free from both discrimination and bias.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams
Please be aware we may close this advert sooner than stated