The type of person we’re looking for:
Enthusiastic, with an ability to deliver content for multiple projects running in parallel to tight deadlines. Must be able to balance Editorial vs Client priorities. Strong eye for detail. Commercial acumen. Identifies commercial and editorial opportunities. Have an up-to-date knowledge of UK community pharmacy, with experience in the sector preferential.
- Writing, commissioning and editing C+D’s weekly CPD learning content to ensure it is evidence-based and reflective of latest clinical guidelines
- Working with external clients on sponsored content, being the key point of contact for clients. The Clinical and Custom Content Editor will be responsible for working with sub editors and designers on sponsored content to ensure that a high editorial standard is maintained, and that clients’ expectations are met
- Representing the brand at key pharmacy events, including chairing panel events or webinars, and maintaining key external stakeholder relationships
- Assisting the News and Features teams to ensure all C+D content is reflective of best clinical practice
- Developing topical themes that can be pitched to potential clients or creating solutions that meet customer needs while being closely aligned to our editorial focus and quality standards.
· Pharmacist, pharmacy technician or relevant associated degree/experience
· Client-facing skills
· Good interpersonal skills with emphasis on the ability to gain cooperation of others
· Strong commercial acumen and drive to ensure revenue grows in line with business expectations
· Attention to detail
· Must have strong organisational skills
· Proven track record of strong writing skills, with prior experience or qualifications in science communications preferential
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
· Must be able to work to tight deadlines
· Multimedia experience (eg video recording and presenting/editing and podcast recording/presenting/editing) preferential
· Public speaking skills preferential, although not essential
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.