Lead Pharmacist - Glasgow
Permanent Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Up to £50,000 dependant on experience+ Benefits + Career Development
Our Pharmacists are not just Pharmacists. They’re true healthcare partners. They’re trusted advisers. They’re product experts, knowledge sharers and all-round problem solvers. Join us at LloydsPharmacy Clinical Homecare and you can be all these things and more.
About the opportunity
Part of McKesson, a leading healthcare company, we work in close partnership with the NHS and pharmaceutical companies to provide a huge range of care services to more than 80,000 patients in the comfort of their own home, at their place of work or in the community.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing the Dispensary Services team. You will also oversee the delivery of best practice in Dispensary Services, providing support and engaging with new business and patients.
You will be a subject matter expert on:
- Review Operational processes ensuring compliance, fit for purpose and make any recommendations for change to the Head of Operations Scotland.
- Champion and support continuous improvement within the Operational areas.
- Ensure the accurate recording of process non-conformance and non-compliance.
- Deliver department Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and be accountable for the delivery of best practice Pharmacy Operations meeting professional and industry standards, cost and quality parameters.
- Ensure that the facility is organised, maintained and managed in a manner that is conducive to best practise dispensing activity; ensuring colleagues are suitably trained and assessed.
- Engage and support on boarding of new business and patients.
- Liaise with other department managers and supervisors as appropriate ensuring all queries and prescription issues are resolved in a timely manner to enable delivery to patients within the expected timescales.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve consistent service levels for all supply chain activities.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with financial penalties are not compromised.
- Ensure all work instructions (WI’s) and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are up-to-date and meet the needs of the business.
Your leadership responsibilities will include:
- Lead, motivate and develop the Dispensary Services team in line with company policy and procedures.
- Manage the team and dedicate resource appropriately to ensure daily dispensing activities are completed within allocated timescales.
- Monitor and review the performance objectives and competencies of the team. Meet regularly with the team to include one to ones, appraisals and team meetings.
- Identify training needs of the team and deliver detailed personal development plans.
- Understand and respond to the needs of the patient, meeting their requirements and sharing with your team in order to support and deliver on-going and improved Customer Service.
- Ensure a comprehensive handover is conducted between shifts to provide a seamless dispensing process.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations Scotland on matters concerning investigation and disciplinary action when appropriate in line with LPCH policy.
- GPhC-registered pharmacist
- Proven supervisory/management experience
- Extensive experience of working within a high volume and controlled pharmacy operation
- Experience of resource planning
- Experience of managing within a quality management system
- Ability to make informed ‘real time’ decisions on operational issues, taking account of customer and patient needs, delivery against Key Performance Indicators and budgetary constraints
- Decision-making to ensure that patient and customer needs are met
- Understands the impact of own operation up and down stream and accountable for the decisions made that impact on another department or budget implications
About Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare
Part of McKesson, a leading healthcare company, we strive to break boundaries, challenge the status quo and support the changing healthcare industry. We are one of the most experienced providers of clinical homecare in the UK, and have been supporting patients in this way since 1975. With services ranging from straightforward delivery of medication to specialist nursing for complex conditions, we support a huge variety of patient needs. We can also offer many different opportunities for career development and progression, not just within Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare but throughout the wider McKesson network, which includes 1,700 community pharmacies across the UK as well as other pharmacy services in hospitals, mental health facilities and prisons.