Pharmacist with Independent Prescribing Qualification
We are kicking off our recruitment drive for Pharmacist with Independent Prescribing Qualifications in Scotland. We are recruiting for a number of different stores in the Highlands region including Inverness, Oban and Wick and we are offering a very competitive salary/package for the right candidate.
This role offers an Independent Prescriber the amazing opportunity to be a part of the Future of Pharmacy in Scotland by introducing the Pharmacy First Plus service. If you would like to advance your career by continuing your professional development in clinical services and utilising your Independent Prescribing skills as well as seeing the real impacts and improvements your skills and advice can have on a patient's life, then this role is for you!
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 271 stores in Scotland, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 165 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What’s in it for you?
You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services to utilising your Independent Prescribing skills in offering NHS Pharmacy First Plus Service. You will be working within the heart of your local community, alongside other healthcare providers, establishing ways of working to ensure patients have quick and easy access in the treatment of common clinical conditions, to becoming one of over 2,200 Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
You will receive a competitive company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that suits your individual needs.
With this role utilising your independent prescribing qualification, we can offer an enhanced remuneration package. This enhanced package will aimed at those IP Pharmacists who have set up the NHS Pharmacy First Service for full time hours.
As a Pharmacist with an Independent Prescribing qualification with us, it goes without saying you will be providing excellent customer and patient care that will be inspiring and reassuring. You will help pioneer the Pharmacy First Plus operation from within Boots.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with other healthcare providers in the local community to deliver NHS Pharmacy First Plus Service to our patients
- Working closely with other Independent Prescribers providing the NHS Pharmacy First Plus Service to support your Peer Reviews and Scope of Practice
- Act in a prescribing pharmacist capacity to deliver Pharmacy First Plus
- Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
- Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technician
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
- Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
- Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, and caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy Regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Have an Independent Prescribing Qualification from an accredited UK University
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers/patients and external local professionals
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Be commercially astute, understand the growth and development of the healthcare industry
- Role model first class communication skills, where you will hold excellent face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
- Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
- Completed or be working towards Common Clinical Conditions (or equivalent) training to offer NHS Pharmacy First Plus Service (ideal but not necessary)
- Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology