We are currently recruiting for a full time Pharmacist position at our Earls Court Road store in London.
The successful Pharmacist will be expected to cover shifts between Monday to Saturday with the following rota pattern:
Week 1 - Monday - Friday 8.30 -17.30
Week 2 – Monday - Wednesday, 12.00-21.00, Friday 12.00-21.00, Saturday 9.00-18.00
You will be supported by a team with one other full time Pharmacist and part time Pharmacists along with 3 Pharmacy A in a store dispensing around 1500 items per week. The store also offers supervised consumption and DDS packs along with offering NHS services and Private PGD services.
This store is in a great location in Zone 1/2, with great transport links on the District and Piccadilly Tube lines, bus routes to many Central areas and only a short walk from West Brompton Station on the London Overground line.
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
What’s next for you?
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
- We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.