We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Store Based Pharmacist to join our team at our Plume Avenue in Colchester, where you'll have the chance to make a real difference to our customers' and patients’ lives.
This Pharmacist position will provide you with a great opportunity to develop your skills as a pharmacist and career prospects with Boots. This opportunity is to work 42 hours per week alongside our amazing Pharmacy team already in store. Our pharmacy currently has around 18 MDA patients, so confidence in supervised consumption and drug user services would be beneficial.
For more information on opportunities with Boots, please contact our Regional Recruiter Alex Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description : About Boots
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Reimbursement of GPHC/GOC fees in full
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Bespoke location benefits (dependant on location)
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.