COVID-19 memories are now starting to fade away. We thought we would never get rid of it but, eventually, everyone came together, and defeated the virus for good. You can’t believe that it is during such a tough period that you came across this opportunity with VSM Pharmacy.
The company, a small independent nested in Camberley, Surrey, did not look like much. The new owners had only taken over at the very start of the pandemic. But you could feel that something was different about that company. Maybe it was the ever-smiling team. Maybe it was the website, or the digital-first approach, or the constant desire to improve… Maybe it was simply the fact that you wanted to keep honing your skills in a supportive environment. Whatever it was, you can’t believe how long you have been with VSM now. Nicky’s laugh interrupts your thoughts, probably another of Julie’s jokes. It is a bright summer day and applying to this role in the Omicron winter was the best decision you ever made. How funny! Life always finds a way.
If this is a story that you want to write, join us.
We have a great locum / part-time pharmacist opportunity in Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2QN. Our fast paced, busy dispensary needs a pharmacist who possesses excellent communication and engagement skills. You will work with an experienced team, dispensing between 250 and 300 items a day. Our ideal candidate will leave the dispensary with a tidy counter, and the team with a big smile, at the end of the day.
- You care about delivering great services
- You can check 250 - 300 items a day, with a smile
- You can be serious, focussed, and light-hearted at the same time
- You are looking for 1 to 2 days a week, and could cover holidays as well
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the efficient, safe, and accurate dispensing of medicines within the pharmacy, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the pharmacy.
- To be accountable for providing safe and efficient NHS pharmaceutical services, which include Community pharmacy consultation service, new medicine service, supervised consumption, EHC, chlamydia screening and treatment, C-19 FLD distribution, hypertension case finding…
- To clinically and accuracy-check prescriptions before they are handed out, dispensing between 250 and 300 items a day
- To counsel patients on the safe and effective use of medicines
- To advise patients on minor ailments and answer queries
- To provide various private services in the pharmacy as required, such as Covid travel testing
- To be the Responsible Pharmacist on the day
- To adhere to the provided Standard Operating Procedures, and to enforce them if necessary
- To help maintain the stock in accordance with legislation and good practice, including stock rotation, safe storage…
What we offer:
- £22 per hour / 9 hours per day
- Staff discount (as soon as our EPOS is in place)
- Being a part of a great team
- Additional learning opportunities: the owners are both pharmacists with over 16 years of experience each
- Tea, coffee, fruits, chocolate, biscuits