COVID-19 memories are now starting to fade away. We thought we would never get rid of it but, eventually, everyone came together, and defeated the virus for good. You can’t believe that it is during such a tough period that you came across this opportunity with VSM Pharmacy.
The company, a small independent nested in Camberley, Surrey, did not look like much. The new owners had only taken over at the very start of the pandemic. But you could feel that something was different about that company. Maybe it was the ever-smiling team. Maybe it was the website, or the digital-first approach, or the constant desire to improve… Maybe it was simply the fact that you wanted to keep honing your skills in a supportive environment. Whatever it was, you can’t believe how long you have been with VSM now. Nicky’s laugh interrupts your thoughts, probably another of Julie’s jokes. It is a bright summer day and applying to this role in the Omicron winter was the best decision you ever made. How funny! Life always finds a way.
If this is a story that you want to write, join us.
We have a great Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician opportunity in Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2QN. Our fast paced, busy dispensary needs a qualified technician who possesses excellent communication and engagement skills. You will work with an experienced team, dispensing between 250 and 300 items a day. Our ideal candidate will leave the dispensary with a tidy counter, and the team with a big smile, at the end of the day.
- You care about delivering great services
- You can check 250 - 300 items a day, with a smile
- You can be serious, focussed, and light-hearted at the same time
- You are looking for a new challenge in an independent setting
- You have an NVQ3 Accuracy Checking Technician qualification
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To follow and promote relevant SOPs and Company policy and procedure to always ensure patient safety.
- To efficiently check all information on dispensed patient orders to ensure that any errors are identified and corrected prior to the order leaving the responsibility of the pharmacy.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the dispensing team to ensure the efficient and safe running of the dispensary.
- To contribute to VSM’s commitment to continuous improvement by forwarding your suggestions to appropriate persons.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to meet internal and external customer needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Bring new ideas and approaches with an open mind.
- Always maintain confidentiality and security.
What we offer:
- Salary between £26,770 and £30,890 per year pro rata based on experience
- 8-hour shift (9 hours with 1 hour lunch break) / 40 hours a week
- 28 days' paid annual leave a year
- Registration with GPHC paid
- Staff discount (as soon as our EPOS is in place)
- Being a part of a great team
- Additional learning opportunities: the owners are both pharmacists with over 16 years of experience each
- Tea, coffee, fruits, chocolate, biscuits