We are looking for a part time store based pharmacist to join us in West Thurrock!
The store is within a shopping mall, and services a very wide community, with both their items, and pharmacy services. Because of this, we also get a busy 111 client referral, as well as many different and unusual aspects.
There is also a Care Services dept looking after two thirds of the items business, and caring for many homes across South essex as far east as Canvey Island, we therefore have relationships with many surgeries.
There is a large team here, which is broadly part-time, which helps with flexibility because of the 12 hour days thrugout the week. The team is very strong, with a lot of experience amongst them, and great comrade, which is always attractive to pharmacists looking to work here.
The store is located withing Lakeside Shopping Mall, with free parking. It has a bus station with bus links through the wider geography. There is also a train station at Chafford Hundred, which is walking distance through a covered bridge from the mall, which gives links straight to Central London. The demographic is diverse, because of the location of the store, within a mall, and because of the Care Services.
We dispense approximately 3,400 items per week & The stores opening hours are:
Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 21:00
Saturday: 09:00 – 21:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 17:00
For further information on this vacancy, please contact regional recruiter Melissa Adey on:
What’s in it for you?
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the chance to work in the community, in local health centres and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients and customers, and your team.
Reward: You will receive a competitive company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that suits your individual needs.
As a Relief Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying you will be providing excellent customer and patient care that will be inspiring and reassuring. It’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s looking after our customers and patients, listening to them and giving expert advice.
Key responsibilities include:
• You will work within a variety of stores, over multiple locations, ensuring expert care and service is delivered at all times, with an adaptable and proactive mind-set
• Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
• Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technician
• Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
• Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
• Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
• Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
• Be registered with relevant pharmacy Regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
• Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers/patients and external local professionals
• Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
• Be commercially astute, understand the growth and development of the healthcare industry
• Role model first class communication skills, where you will hold excellent face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
• Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
• Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
• Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology