We have exciting opportunities for a full-time Store based & Relief Pharmacist to join our team in our Oxford Cornmarket Road store, where you'll have the chance to make a real difference to our customers' and patients’ lives.
Oxford Cornmarket is one of the company's 37 flagship businesses. The store operates to a high standard with items and services growth out performing budget. There would be a big support network for the successful Pharmacist with a 7 strong leadership team consisting of the GM and ASMs who are pharmacy trained and 10 pharmacy colleagues including Pharmacy Advisors and Healthcare Assistants.
This would be a great opportunity for the ideal candidate to experience a complex and highly successful business within the company. The appointment presents great development and career opportunities, to learn new skills and services, and to expand the stakeholder network around you.
We are looking for an ambitious pharmacist who likes a challenge and recognises the value of working in a high-profile store which may open doors to future opportunities further down the line.
Oxford has great transport links in and out of the city through trains and park and ride facilities, is 40 mins away from London and is a busy city with its tourist and student populations.
This is a relief vacancy across the Oxfordshire area and in the flagship business 330. Flexibility required across Sunday-Saturday. Ideally alternate weekend working in 330 Oxford Cornmarket. Flexibility across 8am starts and 8pm finishes. We do have a midnight store in the local area at Oxford Retail park.
The stores opening hours are:
Monday - Friday: 08:00 – 20:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 20:00
Sunday: 11.00-17:00pm however the Responsible Pharmacist usually works an 8 hour shift this day.
For more information on opportunities with Boots, please contact our Regional Recruiter Melissa Adey on Melissa.Adey@boots.co.uk | 075843 70305
What’s in it for you?
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the chance to work in the community, in local health centres and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients and customers, and your team.
Reward: You will receive a competitive company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that suits your individual needs.
As a Relief Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying you will be providing excellent customer and patient care that will be inspiring and reassuring. It’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s looking after our customers and patients, listening to them and giving expert advice.
Key responsibilities include:
• You will work within a variety of stores, over multiple locations, ensuring expert care and service is delivered at all times, with an adaptable and proactive mind-set
• Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
• Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technician
• Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
• Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
• Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
• Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
• Be registered with relevant pharmacy Regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
• Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers/patients and external local professionals
• Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
• Be commercially astute, understand the growth and development of the healthcare industry
• Role model first class communication skills, where you will hold excellent face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
• Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
• Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
• Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology