Would you like to work in a unique and vibrant community in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our friendly team of experienced health service professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. The Falkland Islands Government is offering an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician who would like to live in and contribute to this friendly community, providing care in the health service setting of the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital. Our hospital provides all outpatient and community services to the local population and also has 29 beds, providing in-patient care to all patients needing admission, whatever their age or condition.
We are the only Pharmacy in the islands, providing services to patients located over 100 miles away! This is an exciting opportunity to experience the challenge of getting used to a different way of working in an extraordinary setting.
The successful applicant should:
- Be in possession of an NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent qualification.
- Be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
- Have at least 5 year’s post-registration experience working in a relevant setting.
- Be able to work autonomously, and take independent decisions when needed.
- Have experience of running or providing a smoking cessation service.
- Be able to understand the benefits and challenges of living and working remotely in a small, close-knit community.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to different ways of working.
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary £25,497- £28,364 (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £31,485.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity (taxable).
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Thomas Allen, Pharmacist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (+500) 28052.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to email@example.com before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications -31 January 2022 @ 1930GMT
Shortlisting commencing - 02 February 2022
Interviews commencing - 09 February 2022