We have an exciting recruitment opportunity for a Pharmacist Manager within our Guernsey Pharmacy Locale team, in the Channel Islands.
Guernsey is part of the Channel Islands and it is situated in the English Channel south of England and just north of France. The island of Guernsey is just 12 miles along with an area of 24.3 sq. miles with over one hundred miles of coastline with fantastic sandy beaches. Fine dining is made easy in Guernsey – the fresh local sea food is excellent and many of the hotels have superb award-winning restaurants. With a huge variety of historic tourist attractions, sights and leisure activities there is always something to do in Guernsey.
The pharmacy is part of a group of seven stores, with three in Guernsey and four in Jersey, which is owned by the Channel Islands Cooperative Society, a locally-owned cooperative group with food stores and healthcare teams. We are focused on serving our local community and are committed to ensuring our values are at the heart of everything we do. We believe our success is down to the great people that work for us and the pride they take in developing and protecting long term value for our members.
Pharmacy services in Guernsey are funded by the local government and outside of the NHS, but follow similar processes, legal requirements and drug tariff pricing. Pharmacists have to be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council, and also on the locally managed pharmacist register, which can be arranged for the successful applicant along with work permits and housing licenses.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Pharmacist Manager to join our care and we pride ourselves on striving for excellence in all that we do for our patients and community. We provide a comprehensive dispensing service in a busy environment. The role is a full-time position if 39 hours per week with a usual working pattern of five shifts on Monday - Saturday.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Show drive, commitment and enthusiasm along with willingness to contribute to the team
- Be able to train and manage other pharmacy colleagues, including dispensers and technicians
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people at all levels with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in dealing with customer queries
- Be precise and accurate with a high degree of attention to detail. Have competent computer skills Have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise projects. Be able to demonstrate a commitment to the Society vision of “Making a Difference to the Communities with Serve”
The job requires that you are registered with both the General Pharmaceutical Council in the UK and also with the relevant island authority.
How to apply
For further details or an informal discussion, please contact Rajesh Amin, Superintendent Pharmacist on 01481 720 174 or at email@example.com. Or if you would like to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to local immigration restrictions we may only consider EU nationals.