Role – Nurse
Locations – Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury
(Please note – you will be required to travel between locations)
Salary – £37,500 per annum (pro rata)
REGISTRATION FEES PAID! (GPhC, NMC, CIPD etc)
Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, with 20 years’ experience, helping over 600,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery. Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- “come and join the rocket ship”- CEO Mark Livingstone.
In these crucial roles, you will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of vaccinations of COVID -19. You will be responsible for administering or supervising the vaccine to citizens, working within a team of staff in vaccination sites. Travel between sites will be expected. You will not have one home site.
Once you are fully vetted and trained, with the relevant compliance and checks completed, you will be responsible for performing and/or supervising the following:
- Set up/configuration of the vaccination station
- Drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration
- Vaccine administration, using the National Protocol
- Disposal of clinical waste and change of PPE as per national guidelines
- Adherence to infection control practices between individuals
- You should be a Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPHC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals and have proven experience in a healthcare setting. Although relevant training will be provided post holders should ideally have experience of administering vaccines and providing immunisation advice within a health care setting.
- Working with patients/customers on a 1:1 basis
- Experience of working in a highly accurate and pressured environment, delivering against tight deadlines and adhering to ethical rules and regulations
- You will need to show commitment and willingness to complete the appropriate learning and development courses as required, to demonstrate the right capabilities for the positions. This will include specific vaccine training.
- E-learning will be conducted remotely so you must have access to a smart device to complete this promptly.
What we will offer you
- Occupational sick pay. Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Contributory pension. Discounted insurance (Aviva)
- Employee discount site. Employee assistance programme
- Online health and wellbeing resource
- Health and wellbeing initiatives Discounted gyms
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Cycle to work scheme Green car scheme
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service plus bank holidays or 28 days annual leave
- Long service bonus. Refer a friend bonus
- Blue Light Card
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Applicants must be able to prove they have the Right to Work in the UK
Hours: 22, 33 or 44 per week, Monday – Sunday (8am-8pm)