Medilogic UK Ltd are a dynamic and innovative ISO 13485:2016 accredited Medical Device company supplying automated Methadone dispensing systems in the UK to pharmacy groups, drug treatment agencies and prison establishments.
Medilogic are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Pharmacist/Pharmacy Technician product specialist to work alongside our fantastic team to further support the growth of the business in the UK. This varied and interesting role will involve installing or upgrading the product at customer sites, providing comprehensive training to end users and supporting ongoing system use via our excellent helpdesk facility. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in bespoke software solutions and a strong IT background. An ability to work under pressure whilst in challenging environments is required. Experience of pharmacy environments and clinical practices is essential for this role.
A driving licence is essential as this role requires extensive travel within the UK and overnight stays when necessary.
Monday to Friday 0800-1700, 1 Hour for lunch. Inclusion in helpdesk weekend on-call rota where support is provided 0830-1730 – one weekend a month, paid extra.
Normal place of work – Head Office based in Central Southampton, Hampshire
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Supporting business growth as a product specialist/ambassador responsible for new system installations and upgrades at customer sites
- Providing comprehensive training to system end-users Providing clinical and regulatory governance in respect of the Methasoft product (a Class 1m Medical Device)
- Explaining potentially complex technical concepts to users with little or no technical background/experience in a logical and understandable manner
- Maintaining impeccable attention to detail, with the ability to work under pressure while prioritising workload
- Providing on-site and helpdesk technical assistance where necessary
- Assisting with the build, test and dispatch process for distributing Medilogic products to customers
- Assisting with internal verification of product
- Supporting the company's internal IT requirements including (but not limited to) daily server backup, software management, security administration, network administration, and general staff support
- Assisting the IT Service Desk Supervisor and IT Director with general IT duties and project work
- Working within the framework of ISO 13485:2016
- Participation in the company weekend on-call rota (08:30-17:30)
- Liaising with management and staff on all operational aspects Maintaining effective communication with clients, staff and management Supporting the team in all aspects of the service
- Be aware of and adhere to Company policies and procedures as contained in the Contracts of Employment and Memorandum of Agreement
- Ensure full compliance both personally and by all personnel to all Statutory and Company Health, Safety and Environmental Protection requirements at all times
- Ensure full adherence to the Company and Client Quality Management System policies and procedures, both personally and for all personnel at all times
- Be prepared to work hours consistent with the allotted task or function
- Perform any other relevant task delegated by senior staff, according to Company or business requirements
- Make recommendations on how to improve efficient handling techniques, equipment modification or training requirements to continually develop the level of service offered to our customers
- Act as an ambassador for the Company always and encourage all personnel to do the same by your example
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Pharmacy Technician (essential) Qualified Pharmacist (desirable) Windows Desktop (7, 10) Windows Server (2012, 2016) Microsoft SQL Server (desirable) Azure / Office 365 / Virtualisation (desirable) Hardware support Networking (LAN, WAN, Wireless, DHCP, DNS) Microsoft Certified (desirable) Customer Service experience Support/Service Desk experience
In addition to the salary there are other benefits:
- Laptop and smartphone
- Secure on-site parking
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays on top
- Use of pool car for travel to customer sites
- On-call allowance (we provide remote only on-call service during normal office hours at the weekend and bank holidays)