Role – Management Accountant
Location – Leeds, LS15 8GB
Salary – £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, with 20 years’ experience, helping over 600,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery. Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- “come and join the rocket ship”- CEO Mark Livingstone.
A key member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for overseeing the Assistant Management Accountant & Purchase Ledger Team – with your role will have a string focus on stock . You will work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the monthly Management Accounts are completed and checked, developing the controls and processes as well as supporting the rest of the Finance team to assist Financial Planning & Control. You will have the opportunity to play an instrumental role in shaping the Finance team throughout a period of significant growth (Achieved 100% of target growth for 21-22).
- Responsible for overseeing the Assistant Management Accountant and Purchase Ledger team to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in line with the month end timetable
- Responsible for overseeing stock control in the company, working with the purchasing and operations teams to ensure optimum stockholding, reviewing and reporting stock adjustments
- Accounting for stock at month end, reviewing stock statement reconciliations, accounting for stock discounts
- Assisting in preparation of accurate monthly Management Accounts
- Balance Sheet and Control Account reconciliations and review – this involves understanding the different areas of the business and reconciling multiple different accounts
- Monthly VAT Accounting and VAT returns
- Develop processes and controls for the Finance Function and ensure compliance
- Assisting with Financial Year End and Annual Audit
- Preparation and review of other key financial reports as required
- Assisting the Finance Manager with providing financial information to the business and completing ad-hoc financial and business projects
- Actively studying ACCA, CIMA, ACA – minimum 3 years working in a relevant role
- Experience of working in a pressured environment, delivering against tight deadlines
- Experience of working within company and ethical rules and regulations
- Experience of working in a highly accurate environment
- Experience of SSAS and Cubes
- Experience of Tableau or a similar visualiser
- Use of APIs and online data sources
- Familiarity with Kimball Dimensional Modelling Techniques and BI modelling guidance.
- “Can do” approach with tenacity and strong desire to develop personal skills and experience in a dynamic, commercial environment
- Diligence to ensure work is completed to the highest standard; accurately and efficiently
- Takes full ownership of own role and objectives
- Team player – “hands on, sleeves up” approach
- Versatility and flexibility - ability to adapt to changes in agenda and task requirement
- Confident in own abilities but prepared to listen to, and learn from, managers and colleagues with more experience
- Inquisitive – prepared to question the status quo whilst maintaining respect for the views and decisions of your colleagues
What we will offer you
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service plus bank holidays
- Brand new head office at The Springs, with discounts on leisure facilities close by.
- Contributory pension
- Employee discount site. Plus 25% discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Free onsite parking and refreshments as well as a Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (includes Online Health and Wellbeing Resource)
- Blue Light Card
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Key Words - ACCA, Accountant, Management Accountant, CIMA, ACA, Stockholding, SSAS, FMCA, Retail